Whether you’re considering pawning an item for the first time or you’re familiar with the process, we are here to guide you through each step, ensuring a smooth, respectful, and empowering experience. Read on to discover the types of items we accept and how our trustworthy pawn services can assist you in meeting your financial goals.
In addition to pawning, we also specialize in buying your valuables. At Abby’s Pawn & Coin, we ensure fair pricing and transparent transactions, making selling as rewarding as possible. Discover more about our selling process.
What is a Pawn?
A pawn is a form of loan based on collateral. A pawn loan requires no credit checks, and never affects your credit if you don’t come back. The collateral is the item you bring in to loan against, such as a ring made of precious metals, a Rolex watch, or a Louis Vuitton handbag. We offer the best collateral loans available to the community, see a list of what types of items we take as collateral.
The pawn process is as follows: We evaluate your item to see if it is eligible for a loan, and determine the amount we can offer you for it. The item remains yours, but stays with us under the contract until you pay back the loan amount plus some interest and fees. The interest and fees are set by the state of California and are highly regulated. Your item stays securely stored until you come back for it. Contrary to popular belief, items on pawn are NOT available for sale to the public, as they are under contract. If you don’t come back to pick up your item or renew your contract though, we take possession of the item and can resell it to recoup the amount loaned against it.
What Items do we take?
We understand that everyone has different valuable assets, which is why we accept a broad array of items to serve as collateral for our loans. From electronics and jewelry to collectibles and tools, we believe in offering our customers a range of options to secure the financial help they need.
- Jewelry (Rings, Bracelets, Necklaces, Earrings)
- Coins (Rare Coins, Foreign Coins, Coin Collections)
- Luxury Watches (Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Patek Philippe…)
- Bullion (Gold, Silver, Platinum Bars and Coins)
- Diamonds (Loose Diamonds, Diamond Jewelry)
- Designer Handbags (Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel, Hermes…)
- Contractor Tools (Power Tools, Hand Tools, Construction Equipment)
- Estate Jewelry (Antique, Vintage, Designer Pieces)
- Small Electronics (Laptops, Tablets, Game Consoles…)
- And More…
What Items can we not accept?
(Please note, this list is not exhaustive)
At Abby’s Pawn & Coin, we uphold a strict standard of quality to ensure the best experience for our customers. While we aim to provide flexible pawn and selling options, there are certain items we cannot accept. These include:
- Cell Phones
- Tablets with data capability
- Broken items (excluding broken jewelry, we love broken jewelry!)
- Sports Memorabilia (unless it’s been certified by a reputable professional grading company.)
preparing your items
How do you prepare for the process of pawning or selling your item?
When bringing in your items to pawn or sell, some items require more time to authenticate, test or verify.
- Luxury watches, handbags, and sneakers: Allow 30 minutes to 1 hour for our authentication process. In some cases it is possible that it could take longer, but not usually. We use a 3rd party software to identify whether items are authentic or not, as well as our network of professionals to assist. Watches must be in working order and have batteries already installed (if applicable).
- For laptops, tablets, game consoles, and other electronics: you must provide any necessary passwords. In some cases, you may need to change or remove these passwords. For Apple products, you need to log out of the “Find My iPad/iMac” feature and sign out of the iCloud account. You must also disconnect Apple watches from the iCloud account. Turn off parental locks on game consoles and any other devices. We will not accept items that are locked, broken, outdated, or if passwords are unavailable. Any item that does not meet our standards is unacceptable to us.
- Any items that need to be charged, but be charged to at least 50% battery life when you bring it in, and be fully testable. For any audio equipment, you must bring all cables/connectors or anything needed to test the system. We must be able to see that the item is fully functioning.
Unsure if your item can be used as collateral? We encourage you to reach out to us. Our friendly, knowledgeable team is ready and waiting to assist you. We invite you to call or text us with any questions you might have about your item. We’re here to provide guidance, answer your queries, and ensure you have all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Don’t hesitate to connect with us – your peace of mind is our priority. Whether it’s a quick question or a detailed inquiry about your potential collateral, Abby’s Pawn & Coin is here to serve you. Let us help you navigate your financial journey with our convenient, reliable pawn services.
Access immediate cash with Abby’s Pawn & Coin. Our transparent and fair pawn service presents a simple avenue for converting your valuables into funds. It’s secure, dependable, and crafted to cater to your financial needs.
Delight in incredible savings when you choose to purchase from Abby’s Pawn & Coin. Browse through an extensive assortment of unique, premium items available at prices that simply can’t be beaten.
Convert your unused items into money! Make a deal with Abby’s Pawn & Coin. We provide the best prices for your treasures of all types. Quick, simple, and professional – embark on your selling journey with us today!